For patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, stabilizing it with implants can be a more comfortable and functional solution.
Implants are placed in the jaw, where they are anchored firmly in the surrounding bone. Attachments are placed in the underside of the denture that connect to the implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure. Having implants placed is often a surprisingly comfortable procedure and we will be happy to discuss this with you.
What are the benefits of dentures retained & supported by implants?
- People who opt for implant-retainted/supported dentures are more confident when they talk, laugh, and eat in public. You'll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant-retainted/supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue; patients who have conventional dentures often suffer pain and ulcers.
- Implant-retained/supported dentures look and feel more natural than conventional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing implant-retained/supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Patients with conventional dentures can have difficulty with speaking clearly. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-retained/supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Best of all, with implant-retained/supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives.